Reel in the Details
Why Run the Salmon Run?
First and foremost, because it benefits the Environmental Center, who believe that changing how we live, work, play and learn is essential to securing that healthy future, for people and the planet. In addition, most take on the Salmon Run because it is one of the first half marathon races of the calendar year in the NorthWest. More so, it is a hallmark race in the region, celebrating its 30th year. Salmon Run is recognized for its beautiful course along the spectacular Deschutes River
The Salmon Run is an excellent opportunity to set your base for your future race goals and endeavors.
The half-marathon, 10k & 5k courses are a mix of trails and paved paths. All races will start at the Athletic Club of Bend and travel along the river (like the salmon do!)
See the courses and interactive maps here.
Packet Pick Up: Saturday, April 7th, 2018
- Location: Birkenstock of Bend| 826 Wall Street, Bend, OR 97703
- Time: 11am-3pm
- Bring your own bag to packet pick-up to promote “Little to No Waste” event
Race Day: Sunday, April 8th, 2018
- 8:00 am: Late packet pick-up at the start/finish area at The Athletic Club of Bend
- 9:00 am: Half Marathon Start (Overall & Masters awards at 11:30 am)
- 9:15 am: 10K Start (Overall & Masters awards at 10:45 am)
- 9:30 am: 5K Start (Overall & Masters awards at 10:15 am )
- 12:00 pm: Little Fry Run (Kids Ages 3-10 y.o.) Part of Kids Rock the Races series
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Overall and Masters for Males and Females will receive a special award
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd for each age groups will earn a ribbon
Runners can not win both overall and masters awards. If a masters runner finishes top 3 overall, he/she will win the overall award and the masters award will roll down.
Post Race Goodies
- Delicious post race food provided by Bethlyn’s Global Fusion.
- Crater Lake Spirits by Bendistillery provides delicious cocktails at the finish line to reward those of age
- Craft Kitchen and Brewery provided beer at the finish line to reward those of age
- Each finisher will receive a commemorative seed packet once they cross the finish line
Support/ First Aid
We are proud to be providing medical and first aid response by Adventure Medics; a complete EMS solution providing an affordable solution tofirst aid, advanced medical, and safety services for any event or race. Licensed, insured, and staffed with EMT, Paramedics, and Doctors they’re raising the standard. Look for them at the start/ finish area and along the course.
Children and Strollers
Strollers are permitted but not suggested in the 5k and 10k race. Due to the tight and narrow trails, strollers are not permitted on the half marathon.
For more information on our children’s Little Fry Run, click here. Have a Little Fry that is ready for a longer journey? Feel free to register your child for the 5k & 10k distances. Age minimum for 5k is 8 years old, Age minimum for 10k is 10 years old. Age minimum for Half Marathon is 12 years old. Age exceptions are possible with prior approval.
For ADA accommodations, contact Michael Coe: (541) 323-0964 | firstname.lastname@example.org