About The Redmond Run
Run through the heart of Central Oregon!
Redmond’s Dry Canyon Trail boasts stunning unique naturally preserved high desert geological features. The majority of the Dry Canyon is a nature preserve, capturing the beauty of sparse juniper groves, sage and wildlife of the High Desert. The canyon and the steep rocky walls serve as a tribute to the area’s tormented volcanic past.
Weaving through varying majestic landscape and then through the center of historic Redmond, you’ll catch impressive natural views and traditional city scenes including pavilions and historic landmarks.
Choose Your Poison!
Choose the distance that works for you: 5K, 10K or half marathon. Each race is professionally chip-timed and supported by outstanding event staff and medical personnel who are there for you at every turn.
A festive post-race party in Centennial Park awaits every finisher! Celebrate your victory – have a beer and some chow on us!
Apparel, Prizes and Swag
Locally-designed race tee and finisher’s medal included with every entry!
Travel & Lodging
Host Hotel – SCP Redmond
The recent revival of The New Hotel Redmond by SCP included transforming a historic gem into a stylish, modern vision of the Central Oregon aesthetic and lifestyle. Its four stories, topped by The Rooftop Restaurant (enjoy panoramic views of the Cascade Range!), include 49 guest rooms and suites with SCP’s trademark minimalist style, including the use of sustainable and regionally-sourced materials.
Host City - Redmond, Oregon
With a historic downtown and direct access to all that Central Oregon has to offer, Redmond is the ideal place to start your adventure. Plan that perfect getaway! – Visit Redmond
Learn to Run Bend
A beginner level, women’s training group just for brand new runners, women who haven’t run in a reeeeally long time, and terrified, discouraged, or reluctant would-be runners who are seeking a safe and welcoming place to learn to run a 5K.
Learn to Run Bend is a rich, comprehensive 5K training group experience in the supportive company of other beginner runners and your coach, an RRCA-certified running coach and Duke University-certifed health coach with 9 years and 16+ beginner level training groups under her belt!
Learn to Run Bend like a BOSS. Our spring training group starts April 22, 2023.
Packet pick up for 2023 will be held at SCP Redmond Hotel in downtown Redmond on Friday, June 16 from 3-6pm.
You can also pick up your packet on race day. Participants will be able to receive their packet one hour before their race start time.
Due to limited space at the start and finish areas – gear drop will NOT be available at this event. Please leave your items with a friend or family member or in your car!
The event will be timed by Eclectic Edge Racing. All distances will be timed using a disposable timing transponder, commonly known asa “bib tag” that will be embedded in your race number. Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Do not bend, fold, expose to heat, crinkle or otherwise modify your race bib as this will cause your tag to malfunction.
- Wear your race bib on the front of your shirt, on the outermost layer of clothing. Not wearing the bib properly at all times during the race may prevent you from being timed, therefore, not show in the results.
- Bibs can only be transferred by going through the formal transfer process at packet pickup. Be careful not to switch with friends, family or others. This is not simply to assure the time is assigned to the correct person. It is critical that we have the correct names assigned to the correct people racing for safety reasons.
- Make sure you cross the timing points at the start and finish of the race.
Four Fundamental Rules for Racers
- No Littering. Nada. We’re committed to this. If you’re caught tossing away that bit of gel pouch you ripped off as you were running down the trail, you’ll be disqualified. No exceptions. We are lucky to be running in an inspiring, beautiful place. It’s about respecting Mother Nature and the others using the trails behind you!
- Be Kind, Please. Be kind to your fellow runners – no matter what your goals are for the race – and be kind to the event staff and volunteers. Love and Respect – Please and Thank You. It all starts with us. Cheers.
- Stay On Course. Please stay on sidewalks or within the coned boundaries. If you are caught in the streets where sidewalks are available, you will be disqualified. There will be course marshals enforcing this on course.
- Choose Fun! This is your chance to thrive. If it ain’t fun, then why do it?