About Salmon Run
One of Bend’s oldest organized races and a local favorite!
Kick off the 2023 race season with a true Bend tradition. One of the first half marathons of the year in the Northwest, the Salmon Run is a testing ground for those looking to be a factor on the racing scene. Enjoy the cool temperatures and flat terrain as well as those crystal clear Central Oregon skies!
Celebrate the amazing expedition at the 33rd Annual Salmon Run
Each year, the mighty salmon make an expedition of a lifetime back to their homes – traversing thousands of miles and overcoming countless obstacles on their river journeys. Their achievement is awesome in the true sense of the word. Drawing inspiration from this icon of the Pacific Northwest, we are excited to welcome you to join hundreds of runners on their own journeys. Choose the distance that works for you: 5K, 10K or half marathon. Each race is professionally chip-timed and supported by outstanding event staff and medical personnel who are there for you at every turn.
Apparel, Prizes & Swag
New quality apparel by Sportiqe for 2023!
Don’t miss out this year! Pre-order your long-sleeved Salmon run tech tee and uber-plush hoody for maximum comf post-race!
This year, we’re featuring apparel by Sportiqe – you will NOT be disappointed!
Tee – $30 (pre-purchase), $32 at race
Hoody – $48 (pre-purchase), $50 at race
Everyone gets a finishers medal!
The Little Fry Run
Calling all Little Fry’s… join us for the Little Fry Run!
Help your Little Fry hatch into runner—enter them into the Little Fry Run, a part of the Pacific Source Kids Rock the Races series! If you’re child is too young to run with the big salmon, this fun run will still get them moving upstream! The Little Fry Run is a non-competitive, healthy event that kids 3-10 can enjoy. Everyone receives a finishers ribbon for participating.
We are offering several different days and times for packet pick-up this year.
Packet pick up will be at Best Western Premier Peppertree Inn at Bend on Friday, April 21 from 3-6:00pm
You can also pick up your packet on race day. Participants will be able to receive their packet one hour before their race start time.
Tags for your bags and gear will be available at packet pick up and on site the morning of the race.
Drop your gear at the bag drop tent and retrieve it after the run.
The event will be timed by Eclectic Edge Racing. All distances will be timed using a disposable timing transponder, commonly known asa “bib tag” that will be embedded in your race number. Please follow these instructions carefully:
- Do not bend, fold, expose to heat, crinkle or otherwise modify your race bib as this will cause your tag to malfunction.
- Wear your race bib on the front of your shirt, on the outermost layer of clothing. Not wearing the bib properly at all times during the race may prevent you from being timed, therefore, not show in the results.
- Bibs can only be transferred by going through the formal transfer process at packet pickup. Be careful not to switch with friends, family or others. This is not simply to assure the time is assigned to the correct person. It is critical that we have the correct names assigned to the correct people racing for safety reasons.
- Make sure you cross the timing points at the start and finish of the race.
Four Fundamental Rules for Racers
- No Littering. Nada. We’re committed to this. If you’re caught tossing away that bit of gel pouch you ripped off as you were running down the trail, you’ll be disqualified. No exceptions. We are lucky to be running in an inspiring, beautiful place. It’s about respecting Mother Nature and the others using the trails behind you!
- Be Kind, Please. Be kind to your fellow runners – no matter what your goals are for the race – and be kind to the event staff and volunteers. Love and Respect – Please and Thank You. It all starts with us. Cheers.
- Stay On Course. Please stay on sidewalks or within the coned boundaries. If you are caught in the streets where sidewalks are available, you will be disqualified. There will be course marshals enforcing this on course.
- Choose Fun! This is your chance to thrive. If it ain’t fun, then why do it?
Travel & Lodging
Host Hotel – Best Western Premier Peppertree Inn at Bend
Best Western Premier Peppertree Inn at Bend has everything you need for your big day “off to the races”! Included in your stay you’ll find complimentary breakfast, free WiFi, a dedicated area to store your bike, as well as our own Peppertree Pub on our main floor. We’ve got all the essentials you love! Best of all, our convenient location in Bend, Or puts you close to your start and finish line for an all around convenient day at the race! If you have time to sight see while you are in town, the majestic Mt Bachelor is a mere 20 minute drive from our hotel. See the front desk for more information on local highlights, including the Old Mill District which is within walking distance from our front door. We can’t wait to see you here!
Host City- Bend, Oregon
Welcome to beautiful Bend, Oregon!
This mountain town is filled with not only great people, but a variety of trails, breweries, parks and more!
Be sure to explore what the area has to offer during your time in town. Plan you perfect trip into town and check out all that Bend has to offer at Visit Bend.